[TriLUG] OT: Linux Friendly Laptop Forsale

Brandon L. Newport bnewport at appws.com
Sat Jun 12 19:28:47 EDT 2004

Sorry for being a little slow to read email, but I thought someone might
find this very useful...

http://dban.sourceforge.net/

We use it quite a bit for when we retire systems.  Several forensic
tools have been run against different scan levels.  Even the one run
scan gives NO info except the type of disk.

I highly recommend it!

-brandon

On Wed, 2004-06-09 at 13:40, Ben Pitzer wrote:
> Not exactly.  Bits can still be picked up from various inodes,
> unfortunately, often enough to piece together an entire file.  Basically,
> the process you describe would have to be done about 6 or 7 times to have
> serious efficacy.
>
> Regards,
> Ben Pitzer

> "Those that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>  --Ben Franklin--

__________________________

Brandon L. Newport - CISSP
Senior Security Engineer
Certified:  CISSP, GCIA, CCSE, MCSE Windows NT 4.0, Sun Workgroup, CCNA
Affiliated:  HTCIA, CSI

Appalachian Web Solutions, LLC
http://www.appws.com
P.O. Box 4254