[TriLUG] Re: how to move Mozilla profile from Win98 to Fedora

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Mon Jun 14 11:00:52 EDT 2004

Lance A. Brown wrote:
> You have to do things like edit prefs.js and make sure all the paths are
> correct for where the new profile is located.

Thanks to all.  I was able to successfully get this to work -- and it required
a LOT of manual editing of paths in the prefs.js file.   I'm amazed that
Mozilla has made this sooooo difficult.  I guess the Moz developers never
change machines ?

Anyway...my wife is now a full-fledged Linux/OpenOffice user.  After a
few days, I asked what she thought about the new setup.  She said "it looks
just like MS Office...except the buttons and menus have moved around a
little".

:>

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software