[TriLUG] New vid card: Prob w/ glx?

Jas Eckard jas at eckard.com
Mon Jun 14 23:42:35 EDT 2004

I got a voodoo5 card.  It worries me that the BIOS has beep codes of one
long, three short, but anyway...

When I try (on my gentoo system) to run ut2003-demo or ut2004demo or
armyops, I get:

        Xlib:  extension "XiG-SUNDRY-NONSTANDARD" missing on display
        ":0.0".  Either GL_EXT_bgra or glDrawRangeElements not supported-
        bailing out.

        History:

        Exiting due to error

I've googled and tried everything that has been suggested.  Recompiled
the kernel and added dri, re-emerge glide, set X to 16, you name it.

I'm not ruling out the possibility that I need to re-emerge something
else, in fact, I'm 'emerge -e world'ing as I type.

Any other suggestions?

--Jas