[TriLUG] New vid card: Prob w/ glx?

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Tue Jun 15 04:29:08 EDT 2004

Oh, one more thing, I found this for your reading pleasure

http://dri.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/moin.cgi/3dfx?action=highlight&value=CategoryHardware

Basically says that AGP in the kernel has no effect on the Voodoo series
of cards...one other note from their page:

"The Glide build is known to be touchy. Gentoo users will want to say
export WANT_AUTOMAKE=1.7 before running chores.3dfx. If this branch
doesn't build for you, you may have better luck by checking out the Glide
trunk by omitting -r glide-devel-branch from the cvs command. You'll need
nasm installed in order to get the optimized assembly code, and version
0.98.36 in particular - later versions generate an error in the SSE code."

again, fwiw...

William