[TriLUG] sendmail vs. postfix - was Re: stupid sendmail question?

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jun 16 16:29:25 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 16:25, Jon Carnes wrote:

> [snip]

Interesting comments about performance.  That's something I haven't had
occasion to deal with.

> Plus Sendmail gets a bad rap. If your DNS is setup properly then
> Sendmail (in the default config) will work for 95% of all applications.

I agree with that.  I do have one server for which the default
configuration is fine, and I'm still running sendmail under the adage
of, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  But any time I have to start
changing things around, especially advanced features like the
masquerading mentioned at the start of this thread, I instanlty replace
it with postfix.

--Jeremy, who suspects that most people on this list don't have super
high-volume servers.