[TriLUG] /etc/fstab in Redhat 9

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Fri Jun 18 17:28:11 EDT 2004

The LABEL=/home refers to the volume label that exists in the ext2/3
superblock.  Use tune2fs to check this out or change it for a particular
volume.  You _can_ just replace the LABEL=/home with /dev/md0 if I
understand what you want correctly.  The reason these are in the fstab
by label is to make it work if you move a disk to another controller or
something.

If you decide to set the label on /dev/md0 to /home (and thus not have
to change your /etc/fstab), I'm guessing you'll also need to change the
label on your old /home partition to something else so mount doesn't get
confused.

As far as umounting /home, you probably want to make sure you're only
logged in as root, like say from a VC.  If you still get the busy
message, use fuser to find out what processes are using files in home
and kill them.

--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at futeki.net>