[TriLUG] best web hosting company?

Hariharan Gopalan hariom100 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 21 16:02:24 EDT 2004

AITcom.com is providing dedicated P4 servers with 512MB, 80GB hard disk and a monthly transfer of 1000Gb for 49.95 a month. Looks like a great deal, but if you are going to be hosting only a single domain with not much traffic this may an overkill. I just signed up for one and am waiting to test it out

Magnus Hedemark <chrish at trilug.org> wrote:
It bears saying that I used to host yonderway.com through CI Host. I
can't warn you away from this service enough. It is bad. It is evil. It
will suck your brains out.

But more seriously, I have had outages there that lasted for days. I have
had them lose my web site twice. I have had them tell me that I need to
pay them if I want the OS on my shared web host patched to current levels
(they let the OS lapse by about three years with no security patches or
anything).