[TriLUG] software to import scanned data points

Glenn Hennessee hennesse at chemdept.chem.ncsu.edu
Tue Jun 22 10:55:53 EDT 2004

There is a program called DataThief for windows and mac (os <10 I assume)
that does this. I've never used it though. It looks to be free. Web site
is
http://ioc.unesco.org/oceanteacher/resourcekit/M3/Toolbox/datathief.htm

QuickTrace is a mac program. URL is
http://www.geol.uni-erlangen.de/macsoftware/quicktrace/quicktrace.html
Free I think.

UnGraph is another program for windows. Cost is $399 though. Web site is
http://www.biosoft.com/w/ungraph.htm

The only other program I'm aware of is Un-Scan-It for windows and mac.
Cost is $345. Web site is http://www.silkscientific.com/

I've never used any of these programs so I can't recommend one over
another.

glenn