[TriLUG] CUPS web admin

David Rasch rasch at raschnet.com
Tue Jun 22 16:38:40 EDT 2004

If you're trying to access your server with "hostname" from the host
itself or another machine, you'll likely find that CUPS won't answer.
By default, CUPS only binds to localhost and thus you can only connect
to it via "http://localhost:631" or "http://127.0.0.1:631".  It's
possible 'hostname' might work in some circumstances if you haven't
setup your hostname to point to an IP other than localhost in your
/etc/hosts.  If you want it to bind to all interfaces, you'll have to
read the docs as I've never done this.

David