[TriLUG] CUPS web admin

Michael Thompson thompson at easternrad.com
Tue Jun 22 17:53:26 EDT 2004

My CUPS server is accessible from my local network, it was quite a while
ago when I configured this.  I dont exactly remeber what/why I did, but
here is a snip from my /etc/cups/cupsd.conf file that may give you a hint:

<Location />
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All
Order deny,allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.0.*
</Location>

<Location /admin>
AuthType Basic
AuthClass System
Encryption IfRequested
Satisfy All
Order deny,allow
Deny From All
Allow From 127.0.0.1
Allow From 192.168.0.*
</Location>

**  You can also check here for more info:  http://fgi.trilug.org
(but dont take it personally, I could not resist)

HTH!  :)

- --mike

Michael Thompson wrote:

| Byarlay, Wayne A. wrote:
| |>Is cups running?
| |
| |
| | Yes; it's functioning properly with about 20 other printers except this
| | one.
| |
| |
| |>Have you tried http://localhost:631/admin
| |
| |
| | Yes. The result in IE is, "The Page cannot be displayed".
|
| http://localhost:631/ from your windows machine *is* the windows
| machine, 'localhost' refers to your local machine (127.0.0.1)

| |
| |>Are you allowing all ports to localhost with your firewall?
| |
| |