[TriLUG] Mozilla 1.5 email problems

Jonathan Hays jhays at trilug.org
Wed Jun 23 19:17:56 EDT 2004

Yesterday I was having problems sending email via Mozilla 1.5 to the
TriLUG mail server, although I could receive email okay. I followed
instructions in the TriLUG FAQ to the letter, including rebooting, etc.
This was the first time I had tried sending email from home via that
account since May 22.

Today I was able to connect via Mozilla Thunderbird 0.7 at work,
although I did notice it asked me to save a certificate when I sent a
test email - it had not done that a few weeks ago.

When I got home today, I installed Mozilla Thunderbird at home and was
able to connect, accepting 2 certificates, one when I sent email and one
when I received it.

Is it possible that some relatively recent change was made to the TriLUG
mail server, causing this minor problem? Evidently I no longer have the
capability to send email via the Mozilla 1.5 email client, which is no
great tragedy, since I don't make great use of it, and am now working
under Thunderbird 0.7, but it is curious.

Any comments?