[TriLUG] Cant su in ssh, please help

Hariharan Gopalan hariom100 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 24 11:09:09 EDT 2004

I installed Ensim Pro and now cant su in ssh..... fortunately webmin was installed so am able to see the logs and play around,

This is the error I am getting:

User root not allowed because shell /dev/null is not executable

checked /etc/passwd and /dev/shell is not mentioned for root. also checked and replaced /etc/pam.d/sshd with the what is there in /etc/pam.d/webmin, still the same problem,

wonder where /dev/null is specified for root

This is fedora core 1 installation, and later messed up by ensim pro

any ideas?

Thanks a ton
Hari