[TriLUG] Install different mouse

Byarlay, Wayne A. wab at purdue.edu
Thu Jun 24 16:25:23 EDT 2004

I have RH 9 on a computer which was set up with an unknown kind of mouse
attached to it. Now it's in production,hooked up to a KVM switch, with a
different mouse. Now, if I go to "startx" and get a GUI, the mouse just
jumps around and clicks stuff randomly, and basically doesn't work!

Any suggestions? Perhaps I could remove the mouse drivers from the
system, forcing the OS to re-recognize the mouse and install drivers for
it?

Or at the worst, point me to a "complete list of KDE keyboard shortcuts
for RedHat 9", so I don't NEED the mouse. :)

Thanks a bunch if anybody can help me,

Wayne.