[TriLUG] Install different mouse

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Thu Jun 24 16:53:41 EDT 2004

Erratic mouse behavior can be a symptom of KVM switching..  Does the mouse
work normally when connected directly to the machine in question?  Try
unplugging and re-plugging the mouse into the KVM switch while switched to
the machine in question.  Also try Ctrl + Alt + F[1-6]-ing to a textmode
virtual terminal and then Ctrl + Alt + F7 back to the X terminal.  On my FC2
installation at home, switching virtual terminals is the only way I can get
my mouse straightened out after KVM-switching.

HTH also,
~B