[TriLUG] FC2, Dovecot, Squirrelmail = Crash

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Jun 28 11:30:41 EDT 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 10:27, Aaron S. Joyner wrote:
> Jason Tower wrote:
> >>That's strange, I have a couple rh9 servers that have 200+ day
> >>uptimes and I've never seen that problem before.  Mind if I ask
> >> what you were running on those rh9 boxes, roughly?  Mostly PHP
> >> stuff I'm going to hazard a guess?
> >>
> >>Aaron S. Joyner
> >
> >just squirrelmail
>
> And now you're running the same config on Mandrake with out similar
> issues - i.e. mostly just squirrelmail and it's not having semaphore
> / locking issues?  Same version of Apache?  Same version of PHP?
>
> Aaron S. Joyner

i don't recall exactly which version of apache/php rh9 used, but neither
mandrake 9.2 or 10 have had any problems.  otherwise - yes, same basic
config.  there may, however, be some slight differences between the
default apache and php configs (the devil is in the details) between
redhat and mandrake but in all cases i only changed what i absolutely
had to in order to get squirrelmail working.

jason