[TriLUG] Sendmail 8.11.6 relaying denied

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Thu Jul 1 00:14:24 EDT 2004

Add the 'hosteddomain' as a valid domain for relaying. There are a
couple of ways of doing this depending on their situation.

Edit the file /etc/mail/access and add 'hosteddomain' as a valid relayed
domain.

Edit the file /etc/mail/local-host-names and add 'hosteddomain' as one
of the local host names. This assumes that the users of hosteddomain all
have accounts on this server.

For more details please read:
  http://www.trilug.org/~jonc/mailserver/PartIII.html

Good Luck - Jon Carnes