[TriLUG] OpenCA, anyone else looked into this?

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Sun Jul 4 12:44:42 EDT 2004

I guess that they do have to, but other than their statement of policy,
I don't see anything that makes me feel good that they will treat my
info carefully.  If Trilug did it, I know the folks.....  That doesn't
help outside of the triangle of course.

On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 10:40, Jon Carnes wrote:
> On Sun, 2004-07-04 at 08:20, Kevin Flanagan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >

> > 	I was reading about this on Slashdot the other day,
> > http://www.cacert.org/, and wondered what anyone else thought about it.
> > They ask for ID information that I think twice about handing out,
> > drivers license # or something like that.....
> >

> > Thoughts?
> >

> > Kevin
> > --
>
> Heck, I wanted TriLUG to do this a few years back! This is a great
> service, and they *have* to ask for solid identification or their
> service/security isn't going to be worth anything.
>
> Jon

If you never see anything that offends you, you aren't living in a free
society

Kim Campbell - Former Canadian Prime Minister