[TriLUG] Streamlined distro build for laptops and workstations

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 15:21:38 EDT 2004

Every time I boot with my Knoppix 3.4 CD, I'm thrilled every time.  It's
unbelievable what works "out of the box" (on a CD boot distro) and for whatever
reason, I've yet to do a HD install and use it that way.  I think Flash works
(don't recall) but it would seem mp3 (xmms) and mpg (xine) work.  You get
Mozilla, Konquerer (which I use for SMB shares), etc etc... don't know what
else... do an HD install... maybe it will surprise you too.

and let me know how it goes, since I've yet to do it!

laters,
David M.