[TriLUG] RedHat 9 upgrade paths?

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Thu Jul 8 10:29:30 EDT 2004

Not sure about RHEL, but I recently moved my server to Fedora Core 2. ,I
lived semi dangerously and (after backing up my web root) just did an
install/upgrade from RH9 to Fedora core using the ISOs. I just selected the
upgrade option. Probably many reasons not to do it this way, but it worked
for me. The only issue I had was sendmail stopped working until I figured
out how to configure Dovecot as the IMAP/POP 3 service. Of course after
upgrading I ran up2date/yum for all the latest patches. YMMV, grain of salt
etc...

Dave S