[TriLUG] ACLs on journaled filesystems

Lee elfick at trilug.org
Thu Jul 8 17:41:01 EDT 2004

Does anyone have personal experience using ACLs on a journaled fs?
I generally use ReiserFS, but after doing a make menuconfig I see that
ACLs aren't available in 2.6.3 on ReiserFS (without patching at least).
Though reading the 2.6.7 changelog shows they have been added, I'm
wondering if it may be time to investigate one of the other offerings.
The fs will see mainly small files (the vast majority are < 1 Mb) so I
wasn't really considering XFS. JFS has gotten my interest for some
reason though...
Any input?
-Lee