[TriLUG] KDE apps crash all the time on exit

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at triad.rr.com
Mon Jul 12 23:11:18 EDT 2004

Folks,

Very strange problem here.  Mandrake 10.0 Official fully updated under KDE.

It seems that nearly every application that is part of KDE "crashes" on exit.
On loging in, I get a message from the KDE crash handler about something like
"kcminit crashed and caused the signal 11 (SIGSEGV)" and then the same
message about "ksplash".

If I start konsole and then exit, it generates the same message about konsole.
The same thing happens with kedit, konqueror, etc.  All of these programs
work fine, but when I exit, they generate this annoying error.  You can
imagine that when I log off, it generates a barrage of errors messages.

Non-KDE apps work great and do not generate this error.  Any ideas on what's
going on?  I imagine it's something simple.

Thanks,

Michael