[TriLUG] httpd2.0 hmmm

Brian Henning brian at strutmasters.com
Tue Jul 13 09:18:10 EDT 2004

Hi Y'all,
  Running httpd-2.0.49-4 on FC2 on i386..  I'm trying to do some things in
my UserDir (http://..../~username), which maps to
/home/username/public_html...  I turned on UserDir in the httpd.conf, and
fixed the permissions on the directory structure so that I can see, for
example, an index.html in my /home/username/public_html directory.  However,
despite proper permissions, I get 403s on any lower-level directories (i.e.
http://..../~username/something/index.html).  Am I missing something?  I
knew there is a FollowSymLinks option that can turn off symlinks, but is
there something that turns off regular subdirectories?  I've looked through
the conf for some directive, but nothing jumps out at me.

Thanks as always,
~Brian

Brian A. Henning
Strutmasters.com