[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest Planning

Joseph Tate jtate at dragonstrider.com
Tue Jul 13 22:58:47 EDT 2004

Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Cool.  I can get you Mandrake ISOs.  Do you have a DVD drive in it?
> If so, I'll burn them all to one DVD and bring them with me.

Have DVD Drive, will travel.  I also have a tv capture card in there,
but I've never used it.  Wish I knew how to take advantage of the IR
port and Remote that came with my SB Live! LiveDrive.  I may bring the
remote so that I can play with it.

> Um, BBs?!? WTF? ;-) I hope you're not thinking of playing the Macarena
> too! :-)

Might do the Chicken Dance, or the Boot Scootin' Boogie, but I don't
have the Macarena digitally.  Gotta love cheesy dance mixes.

> How about trying something like Rhythmbox?  Just to show off the
> organization
> stuff too?  Or setting up something like Apache::MP3 or Gnump3d to
> stream it
> to a few of the other PCs too.

I mentioned NetJuke didn't I?  Web based, and it'll stream.  I'll look
at RhythmBox though.  I've never heard of it.

> Sweet!  That would rock.
>
> Ok, so for demos we have
>
> 1) a packet (or possibly aprs) station running of AFU Knoppix.
> 2) Josephs's machine playing mp3s* and doing digital camera stuff
> 3) Machines burning CDs.
> 4) Games? O:-) (Bzflag, and perhaps frozen bubble :-)
> 5) I can bring the Gentoo PPC Live CD I have an boot up that on my ibook.
> 6) Anything else?

* mostly Ogg Vorbis files.  Very few mp3s.