[TriLUG] Cary Swapfest Planning

Tanner Lovelace lovelace at wayfarer.org
Wed Jul 14 18:48:35 EDT 2004

ALFRED JOHNSON said the following on 7/14/04 5:53 PM:
> I hope that Tanner received my message about bringing a Three prong plug
> extension cord, if you want electricity on your table. There is no cost
> for it, but we just supply boxes you can plug into. By all means bring
> extension cords that can carry all the current you'll need. These cords
> will be taped to the floor to prevent anyone from the crown tripping
> over them, which we will do for you. If someone has an extension cord
> which they use outdoors, it should be sufficient (I'd recommend a 25
> foot one to reach the boxes). --- Al Johnson, Cary Swapfest Czar.

Al,

That was the part about me bringing an extension cord. :-)

A question for you.  I've been working on putting together radio
to TNC and radio to soundcard cables for the swapfest and it just
ocurred to me that, hey, this is a swapfest and perhaps there might
be vendors there with premade ones to sell! :-)  For instance, you
don't happen to know, off chance, if the guy that makes the RASCAL
cables will be there (http://www.packetradio.com/).  I figure there's
on off chance since he's based out of Lynchburg, VA. :-)   Or,
if anyone else there will have radio to TNC/soundcard cables?

Thanks,
Tanner