[TriLUG] USB keychains and private keys

sholton sholton at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 15 07:05:22 EDT 2004

>I understand that you're not supposed to reformat these devices a whole
>lot, and that you should use cramfs if you're going to reformat them.

you could create a file on the vfat which encapsulates another
filesystem, and mount it via loopback once the vfat system is
mounted.

That way you could make it an ext2 or use an encrypted file
system.

the limitation becomes that you can only access your key on a
system that understands ext2, loopback mounting, and/or
whatever encrypted filesystem you've chosen.

--
Innovation is a wildflower; you cannot choose where it will blossom,
you can only choose where it won't.

sholton at mindspring.com