[TriLUG] find and rm command

Jojo Almario jalmario at intrahealth.org
Thu Jul 15 15:09:56 EDT 2004

This should be a relatively simple one, but I am having a little trouble
making it all fit together.  Im trying to search through some
directories with the "find"  command and delte any file within any
folder that has the name "thumbs.db"  This is what I came up with so
for.

Find /home/directory/ -name thumbs.db -exec rm {}/ -rf

It either times out or tells me Im missing something in the -exec
command.  Im going to keep perusing the man page, but I wanted to see if
any one could get this faster than my feeble skills would allow.

TIA

JA