[TriLUG] Converting Unix mailboxes to Outlook pst format: batch mode

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Jul 16 20:00:16 EDT 2004

Depending on the version of Outlook you are using, you can do all the
conversions on one machine, share out that mail folder, go to the client
box and import their particular mailbox.  Might be faster.

Automating mundane windows tasks is not one of my specialties (thank
god!), though in the long ago I did use a "recording" device that turned
my keystrokes (and mouse clicks) into a macro that I could export from
machine to machine.

If I were you, I would simply print up a fool proof web-page showing
folks what to do, make the imap mailboxes Read-only, and then turn the
users loose onto the task.  Then you only have to help the execs and
Lusers that can't follow basic written instructions to do easy tasks.

You'll also have to log who accesses which files - and let folks know
you are doing that...

Alternately, you could turn an intern loose onto the job. Repetitive,
boring, mundane tasks are their tofu and potatoes.

Good Luck - Jon