[TriLUG] yum weirdness

gregbrown at mindspring.com gregbrown at mindspring.com
Mon Jul 19 22:39:31 EDT 2004

I'm trying to update a system via yum.  It's a RH 7.1 box.  I'm
using a canadian yum server (see http://www.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/mirror/)
which is one of the very, very few systems I've found that is a
yum server for 7.1.

Everytime I try to run a 'yum update' I get the following error:
Error: MD5 Signature check failed for
/var/cache/yum/updates/packages/openssh-3.1p1-13.i386.rpm

It doesn't matter what the package actually is, I get the same
erorr.  I've run 'yum clean' but I get the same error when I
try to update an single package or rum 'yum -y update'.

Google hasn't provided much info.. any ideas?

Back to googlin'

Greg