[TriLUG] RHAS---300gig?

dsandif dsandif at email.unc.edu
Wed Jul 21 15:16:41 EDT 2004

I am trying to setup a file server is RHAS, and I want to install three
300 gig hard drives to be used for this server. The machine(s) that I
want to put the hard drives in can't seem to see the full capacity of
the drives (Their BIOS only see 137 gigs out of 300 gigs and there are
no current BIOS upgrades!). I was wondering if RHAS would be able to see
the hard drives full capacity upon setup despite the BIOS limitations on
the pc, or is this going to be a matter of getting a newer motherboard
so these drives can be handled\seen?, thxs.

D-