[TriLUG] weekday 2nd and 3rd shift & weekends

Jeremy Portzer jeremyp at pobox.com
Wed Jul 21 15:49:42 EDT 2004

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 15:16, Stanley B. Briggs wrote:
> all,
>
> Integrated Technical Services (www.itsco.com) is hiring for some systems
> monitoring positions. watch the monitor, enter the commands, read the
> output, respond as necessary, that kinda' stuff. we need two people per
> shift. there are 16 shifts to cover. (no, that's not 32 people. that's
> staffing level. i hope to do this with 8-11 people)

16 shifts * 2 people per shift = 32 shifts per week, divided by 5 shifts
per person per week = 7 people (you have to round up).    So you'd only
need 8-11 folks if some of them are going to be part time, right?

Also, consider 12 hour shifts for the weekends so there are only 2
shifts per day regardless of weekday vs. weekend.  12 hour shifts are
long but it could simplify scheduling.

Sorry, bet you didn't ask for advice.  Curious how you arrived at the
8-11 number though.

--Jeremy, wondering where 5pm is