[TriLUG] NFS performance issues - Solved

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Fri Jul 23 18:27:44 EDT 2004

I did some testing today, apparently it was the Nortel switch and the HP
onboard NIC interaction.  I have seen a lot of cases with the Nortel
gear we have where setting the NIC to auto doesn't work right, you have
to set it to 100Mb/Full Duplex by hand.

Is it just me, or does this sound like crap to others?  Why do we have
auto if some combinations of vendor gear don't work right?  I never had
this problem with Cisco switches and HP servers.

Kevin