[TriLUG] linux/apache/php index and search for an Intranet

Turnpike Man turnpike420 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 26 10:33:45 EDT 2004

I've got to setup an Intranet for my company.  Most of the information
delivered will be HR related, tied to an HR database for some stuff, static
pages for other.  I'm wondering what indexing and search methods people
recommend for this setup, any samples welcome.  The company is 50-100 people,
so don't think I need a solution for an IBM sized company (unless of course it
just happens to be the same solution due to scalibility).  I plan to use Fedora
Core, Apache 2.x, PHP 4.x.  I've heard htdig is terrible.

Thanks,
David M.