[TriLUG] OT: cellphone companies in Raleigh area

Dave Sorenson dave at logicalgeek.com
Tue Jul 27 12:41:25 EDT 2004

I have AT&T and I will not be resigning at the end of my contract. My
service drops completely in many parts of town. Forget about making calls
inside buildings, and while sitting in one spot at my house it will go from
a strong signal indicated on the handset to no signal until it catches a
roaming signal that a few minutes later it'll shift back. This with out the
hand set moving. I'm hoping that the Cingular takeover will help for the
last year of my contract, but after that I'm going to sign up with Verizon
as soon as I can. Of course YMMV "Can you hear me now?" "No, I'm on AT&T"

Dave S