[TriLUG] OT: cellphone companies in Raleigh area

Kevin Flanagan kevin at flanagannc.net
Thu Jul 29 21:00:17 EDT 2004

I second the positive vote for Alltel, I have one for work, and my wife
has our personal phone with them as well.  I work in Raleigh most of the
time, but go to Wilson a lot.  There are some minor spots, usually when
right under some other companies tower, that you get a drop,  but
overall the signal is great.  We have the national plan, $40 a month
gets 300 minutes of anytime, and unlimited nights/weekends, and 300 more
minutes of alltel to alltel.

About 2 years ago, when I first went to get a company cell phone, I went
to AT&T, couldn't get a signal in my kitchen.  I live right on the
Raleigh city line, to the NE.