[TriLUG] I want to build an HTTP Proxy for Home

Roy Vestal rvestal at trilug.org
Sun Aug 1 13:56:15 EDT 2004

I want to build an HTTP Proxy for my home network. I'd like to use an
old notebook I have lying around. It's a P-90, 40MB RAM, 2GB HDD. Not
much of a machine, but for my use it should be plenty. I'm planning on
using Debian stable on it simply because FC1/2 and WBEL are just too
dang big and the notebook doesn't meet the requirements.

Anyway, I was thinking of using Squid. Didn't know if anyone else had
suggestions or experience that they'd like to share. Anyone know of
howto's? I haven't check TLDP yet.

TIA