[TriLUG] I want to build an HTTP Proxy for Home

Raymond McGill raymcgill at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 2 13:17:36 EDT 2004

For a simple, simple, SMALL scale ad solution, create
your own white list in your /etc/hosts file. Works
great for me. 99% ads are never loaded. Downside is
you get the little white box with red X in the ads
place.

See http://someonewhocares.org/hosts/

I copied this to all my internet connected machines
and it 1. blocks ads 2. speeds up the net

Raymond McGill

=====