[TriLUG] Gmail invite...

Timothy A. Chagnon tchagnon at futeki.net
Tue Aug 10 11:02:44 EDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-08-09 at 23:36, Matt Frye wrote:
> Tim,
>   It wasn't meant to be difficult.  The point was two fold:
>
> 1) To incite someone to actually perform an action in response to an offer.
> 2) The hope that someone would have insight beyond, "I googled it."
>
> I offer you the invite in recognition of your fulfillment of 1, but 2
> didn't work out.

It was a great quote, and I didn't just google it.  The off-hand remark
about the search being fairly easy wasn't meant to detract from the
significance of the quote.  I was just surprised no one else had jumped
on it sooner.

And, thanks very much for the GMail invite.  I was really looking
forward to it.  I'm actually giving it to my mother, who is only
semi-computer-literate, to wean her off hotmail.  GMail seems to be
exactly the right cure for the recent deterioration of service in the
free web-mail market.

-Tim
--
Timothy A. Chagnon <tchagnon at futeki.net>