[TriLUG] Airimba wireless access

P. L. Charles Fischer PLCFischer at nc.rr.com
Thu Aug 12 08:12:36 EDT 2004

My apartment complex just got Airimba 812.11b wireless networking.  The
monthly cost is $0.00.  So I want to take advantage of this, but do not
know anything about wireless networking (other then I want a firewall
between my computers and the outside world).

I have one Linux only computer and two duel boot Windows 2000/Linux boxes,
and two Alphas running Tru64 Unix and Windows and Linux.  At this time all
of the computers connect to a Netgear FVS318 firewall router, which
connects to a cable modem.

I would like a device that would just take the place of the cable
modem.  Am I thinking too simple?  Anybody done this before?  Help?

Thanks
Charles Fischer