[TriLUG] /etc/sysconfig/network question

Marty Ferguson marty.ferguson at pobox.com
Thu Aug 12 23:09:08 EDT 2004

My browser met 404 on your link, but let me just say this...

Assumption) You are talking ISC's DNS

Depending on which stanza in the DNS config file you 're talking about,
(sight unseen)
you very well should provide only the host name with no terminal  "."

ISC DNS appends the subdomain/domain name in many instances.  If the
(404'd) Red Hat page
cites otherwise, then I don't know where to steer you, but if the
prepoderance of evidence indicates
that you should only provide the hostname, that is probably the solution.