[TriLUG] Fwd: [Steering] Linux Position

Jason Tower jason at cerient.net
Mon Aug 16 12:45:54 EDT 2004

Subject: [Steering] Linux Position
Date: Monday 16 August 2004 12:22
From: Melinda Lane <LANEMES at kellyservices.com>
To: steering at trilug.org

Hi, my name is Melinda Lane and I am a Sr. Recruiter for Kelly IT
 Resources in Morrisville.  I have a temp to perm position in the
 Durham area for a Linux/AIX administrator, but concentrating more on
 the Linux side. Unfortunately, I don't get the most detailed job
 descriptions from my client, but here is what I have:

We are looking for a Unix administrator that has experience in all
'FLAVORS'.

Linux Support - The Linux operating system is growing as a preferred
platform supporting administrative computing services. This candidate
 will have in depth knowledge of various distributions of Linux as well
 as the subsystems commonly running on that platform, i.e. Apache,
 Tomcat, Perl, etc.

AIX Support - Maintenance and upgrades to AIX operating systems
 supporting administrative computing across the enterprise are a part
 of this position including hardware installation/configuration,
 operating system support and subsystem software support, i.e. TCPIP,
 IP-SEC and scripting.

Solaris Support - support for the Solaris operating system is a part of
this position as well. This position involves hardware/software support
 of administrative servers running various operating systems.

Please if you would pass the word along within your organization and
 have anyone that is interested contact me.

Thanks,
Melinda Lane
Recruiter
Kelly IT Resources
Phone:  (919) 460-3120
Fax:  (919) 460-3139
mailto:  lanemes at kellyservices.com
website:  www.kellyit.com

Fun Facts (US only):

Kelly puts a new employee to work every 30 seconds
Every three minutes, a Kelly employee is hired permanently by a Kelly
customer
Kelly employees work over 3 million hours per week
Each week, Kelly employees work with more than 15,000 companies
45,000 Kelly employees work for Fortune 500 companies every week
250,000 students are taught each week by a Kelly Educational Staffing
employee