[TriLUG] Dynamic DNS Providers

Ken Mink kmtrilug at nc.rr.com
Mon Aug 16 17:24:25 EDT 2004

On Aug 16, 2004, at 4:18 PM, Keith Johnson wrote:

> At 02:59 PM 8/16/2004, you wrote:
>> Ken Mink wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Folks,
>>>    I have been using dyndns.org for about 5 years now and Sunday
>>> they blocked my account and my hosts now point to 10.0.X.X
>>> addresses. I received nothing from them as to why and my repeated
>>> emails to support have gone unanswered. Seeing as this is a free
>>> service, I'm not overly pissed. I now need a new dynamic dns
>>> provider, however.
>>>    What are people's experiences with other dyndns providers?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Ken
>
> Dyndns will only warn you once before the account gets blocked. If you
> want to stay with them I'd recommend getting the "Account Upgrade"
> option. For under $10/yr it'll keep you from getting blocked again.

I don't have a problem with paying them. I think I donated years ago
when I started using them and they were asking for voluntary donations.
I can't remember that long ago(aging sucks). The rub is that I can't
get into my account to upgrade it. The account is still there and my
hosts still resolve, but access is blocked. Of well, I'm getting what I
paid for.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Ken