[TriLUG] Unisys issue

Jeremy West jkwest at rmci.net
Thu Aug 19 23:36:05 EDT 2004

Hello again.

Here is my second question to throw out there.  I'm working with a company
right now, who use a unisys system and dummy terminals.  (you know the ones
with green lettering)  Anywho, they have this system they never use cause
they hate it.  I'm currently searching for options as their IT guy.  It's
such a nice server that I'd like to keep using it.  Can I load linux on it?
Do they make color terminal screens?  Would it be easier to buy desktops and
connect to an sql server running on the unisys machine?  I realize that I've
got to find someway to import the data from the old system into some other
format.  I just don't know about software that will fit their needs at this
point.  Maybe an internal website with php.  The system is for inventory.

I have time to think on this, but wanted to glean any info from the vast
amounts of experience out there.

--Jeremy