[TriLUG] wireless security

Jeremy West jkwest at lagrandeapartments.com
Thu Aug 19 23:26:59 EDT 2004

Hello friends.

I just moved in from Utah, and I've heard about this awesome LUG here.  So in
the spirit of keeping it awesome.  I have a few questions.  I ask the other
one in another thread though.

Situation:  I'm installing wireless internet access for a building in the NC
State campus area.  The owners are concerned about security (obviously).  Now
I can do the whole WEP thing, some mac authentication, and NAT'ing magic.
But... is there a better way?  I'll working on a limited budget.

Would it be easier to setup the server as a wireless access point, or use a
blackbox (linksys senario)?

Just some food for thought

Thanks

Jeremy West