[TriLUG] wireless security

Jos Purvis purvis at melete.org
Fri Aug 20 12:27:31 EDT 2004

Several good solutions have been proposed. One thing you might explore
is the use of WPA with Pre-Shared Key (WPA-PSK), which seems to offer,
from the papers I've seen, greater security than WEP without being too
onerous. From there, you can expand into things like tying the backend
to a RADIUS server for authentication (users enter their login ID &
password to authenticate to the network--or this can be single-sign-on
in some cases), or even exploring the use of digital certificates.

There are some good papers released recently (Google is your friend)
that detail setting all of that up with open-source tools like
FreeRADIUS and OpenCA. Good luck, and let us know how it works out!
(*k0F*TriLUG presentation*k0F*)

		--Jos

--
/  Jos Purvis (purvis at melete.org) ||  Yet Another Security Geek  \