[TriLUG] any CISSPs on the list?

Shane O'Donnell shaneo at nc.rr.com
Sun Aug 22 20:46:32 EDT 2004

I hear he runs with scissors, too...

-----Original Message-----
From: trilug-bounces at trilug.org [mailto:trilug-bounces at trilug.org] On Behalf
Of Mike Johnson
Sent: Sunday, August 22, 2004 4:28 PM
To: Triangle Linux Users Group discussion list
Subject: Re: [TriLUG] any CISSPs on the list?

Greg Brown [gregbrown at mindspring.com] wrote:
> A small CISSP study group is starting up and we are trying to figure
> out which is the best text book to use.  So far I've heard that CISSP
> All-in-One Exam Guide by Shon Harrris is good choice.
>
> <"http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0072229667/
> qid=1093203790/sr=8-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-3651584-
> 8182205?v=glance&s=books&n=507846">
>
> As a CISSP would you agree or disagree?  The last thing I want to have
> happen is for our little group to pick up the wrong book from the start
> thereby making this process longer than it has to be.
>
> What are your top choices of textbooks for the CISSP material?

Not a CISSP myself, but I'm planning on it.  I spent a night skimming
the books at Borders, and the one I found that looked best from a
material and an organizational perspective was this one:
_The CISSP Prep Guide: Mastering the CISSP and ISSEP Exams, Second
Edition_ by Ronald L. Krutz, Russell Dean Vines

Let us know what you find out, BTW. :)

PS I didn't respond about the CISSP study group because I "don't play
well with others."

Mike
--
"Spare me your space-age technobabble Atilla The Hun!" --  Zapp Brannigan