[TriLUG] OT: cellphone and pda recycling

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Mon Aug 23 17:06:26 EDT 2004

Since the topic of electronics disposal comes up occasionally, I thought
some might be interested in an organization that accepts phones and PDAs
in any condition.  It reuses those that are functional and scraps the
rest for parts or environmentally-responsible recycling, including
the batteries.  The usable units are sold at modest prices in central and
south america.  Proceeds from the operation your donation can be directed
to one of several charities...including local ones, such as the SPCA of
Wake County.

http://www.collectivegood.com/

I cannot 100% guarantee the legitimacy of this charity.  However, I did
contact the SPCA of Wake County and confirmed that they do, indeed, receive
dontations from the Collective Good in the name of local donors.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software