[TriLUG] Gmail invite

Dan Monjar dan at daijin.dissimulo.com
Tue Aug 24 12:59:42 EDT 2004

--On Tuesday, August 24, 2004 11:21:08 AM -0400 Matt Frye
<mattfrye at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, it's true that a better method of explaining Jensen's device is
> by comparing it to call-by-reference.  Specifically, that
> call-by-reference is now part of standard C and call-by-name isn't.
> Not directly anyhow.

>From
<http://www.wellesley.edu/CS/courses/CS251/resources/real_programmers.html>

"Nicklaus Wirth, the designer of PASCAL, gave a talk once at which he was
asked "How do you pronounce your name?". He replied, "You can either call
me by name, pronouncing it 'Veert', or call me by value, 'Worth'.""

--
Dan Monjar