[TriLUG] DOH! no - WHOA!!

Mike M no-linux-support at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 25 12:08:40 EDT 2004

On Wed, Aug 25, 2004 at 11:31:10AM -0400, Greg Brown wrote:
> And I apologize to everyone on the list for starting the flame war.

I don't think you started a flame war.  I think a discussion got labeled
as a "flame war".

> Believe
> it was not my intent and it will not happen again in the future.

Alas, freedom of expression stifled.

> TriLUG is, and has always been, one of the greatest resources in the
> area,
> not just for employment opportunities but for the unbelievable depth of
> knowledge that exists in our collective heads and the willingness of
> everyone to share that collective knowledge to help each other out.

Albiet a bit sensitive today.  Watch this list die when "niceness" is
enforced.

> Sorry to everyone for starting this whole mess.  And sorry to Steve
> specifically.

No need.

> I'll go hide for a while now. :(

Don't.

I haven't had a steady job with benefits since April 2001.  I've earned
experience to talk about jobs and unemployment. If I see BS I'm calling it.
If I can help prevent a doe from staring into headlights, I'm going to do it.

So I'm to believe that someone seriously considering applying for a
posted job would not want the opinions of others on the list?  That
would not be smart.  Commenting on the requirements is a service to the
employer too since candidates will be filtered through the discussion.
Either a candidate will show that is bolstered with confidence and ready
with questions, or poor candidates will not bother showing up.

OK. Now I'm mad so I'm not going to post the jobs I know about.

--
Mike

Moving forward in pushing back the envelope of the corporate paradigm.