[TriLUG] OT: When did GMail prostitution get so popular?

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 11:27:05 EDT 2004

Before you go shooting your mouth off, consider the following...

1) People are auctioning gmail invites on ebay.
2) Most people are lumps of unthinking flesh that need a jolt in the
ass.  To paraphrase Norman Maclean, "man, by nature, is a damn mess."
3) Gmail invites are sent to current users every week or so.
4) I have no business selling what was given to me for free,
especially when it's Google's disk  space, etc.
5) Two out the three instances of "gmail-invite dangling" have been
initiated by me.
6) Most importantly....these threads have developed into something.
They have made people think.

It's not so popular.  It's not pimping.  I never asked for the meaning
of life.  Junk food for thought is just as bad as junk food for
dinner.

MPF