[TriLUG] good java IDE

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformanceinc.com
Fri Aug 27 09:11:07 EDT 2004

bp wrote:
> I believe a better question is why would anyone choose something other
> than Eclipse these days as a Java IDE?

For me, and many developers I know, IntelliJ IDEA is far superior
in many ways.  I use Eclipse frequently and find it clunky and slow.
(Slow in productivity, not UI responsiveness).  IDEA is more
productive and more intuitive.  The refactoring support is much more
advanced.  CVS integration is way better.  I could go on...but won't.

Chris Merrill                  |  http://www.webperformanceinc.com
Web Performance Inc.           |  http://www.webperformancemonitoring.net

Website Load Testing, Stress Testing, and Performance Monitoring Software